Thirteen fun things that I have done in 2007
1) I traveled to Illinois in January for my Dad's retirement party (Finally!!) and we surprised him with a Carribbean cruise from all of the kids and grandkids.
2) I enjoyed the 40th Anniversary Kappa Kappa Gamma reunion in February. I was able to spend time with so many sorority sisters/friends that I don't get to see very often.
3) I went to see Rent and Mamma Mia at the Koger Center for the inaugural year of Broadway in Columbia.
4) I saw several concerts: The Blue Man Group (with Mike), Sesame Street Live- Elmo Makes Music (with Dena and Annie), John Mayer (with Mike), Billy Joel on Valentine's Day (with Mike) and Rodney Carrington (with Mike, Chad, Sara, Luke, Clark, Chris and Katie).
5) I had a great time at a bunch of weddings: Becky and Terry Bishop (stayed in a beach house with 4 other couples in Hilton Head Island), Clark and Luke Fancher (Mike's assistant- was able to hang out with friends who traveled from Illinois for the wedding), Marci and William Saltzman (attended my first Jewish wedding- wow!! They know how to throw a party), Aunt Bev and Neal Brasel (my 70 year old aunt's wedding- it was soo sweet) and Nancy and Brad Bechdoldt (I was in my 20th wedding. Isn't that crazy? It was a blast!)
6) My sister-in-law Kristen visited during Masters Week, and went to The Masters with my husband. We had a great time with her, and wish that she could visit more often.
7) We went to Hilton Head Island in April for a few days to hang out with friends and go to The Heritage golf tournament.
8) In June, we went to Charlotte for The annual Pierson Purina Chowdown hosted by our friends Tad and Kelly Pierson. Everyone donates dog food for the local shelter. We were able to hang out with all of our friends who live in Charlotte. We don't get to see them enough, even though they live close.
9) Our Godson, Cole Jacob Forinash, had his baptism is June. We were honored to be a part of the celebration which included a pool party and dinner the night before and brunch and yummy cake after church. During the weekend, we were able to walk with 65,000 other people in Walk for the Cure in downtown St. Louis (the largest Walk for the Cure in the country).
10) In July, we went to visit our friends Cher and Ash Milner in Beaufort, SC for the Water Festival. We spent the weekend on their boat, and had a fantastic time!
11) We also went to Pawleys Island in July to visit Shannon, Brandon and Hunter Davis. We always enjoy our yearly trip to see them and spend as much time as possible on the boat and at the beach. We get to take our dogs with us, so it's also Ali and Ashleigh's yearly vacation.
12) We attended the season opener for Gamecocks football, and plan to attend the rest of the home games. We always look forward to the football season and all of the fun tailgate parties.
13) Nancy's bachelorette party in August was such a good time. We took a bus load of girls on a wine tasting tour of Shawnee Hills Wine Trail in Southern Illinois. I was able to spend an entire day with friends from home that I haven't spent much time with in the last several years. It was great!!
14) Yes, I know it's Thursday Thirteen, but how could I possibly forget our annual trip to the "yake" (that's lake for those who don't know Annie). We go during 4th of July week to hang out in the pool, on the boat, and on the jetski (even though Mike and I can't get on at the same time hehe) with Dena, Annie, Grannie, Grandennis and whoever else might be hangin' out. It's always so fun to hang out with our "yake priends". Hehe!