Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Monday, April 7, 2008
Saturday, April 5, 2008
I couldn't find any outdoor pillows that I loved, so I just made some. I found these red ticking stripe napkins on clearance at Pottery Barn, and they just happened to match the red ticking stripe ribbon that I am going to put on the wreath that I am making for my front door. Since I don't know how to sew (MUST take lessons), I just safety pinned them together. I figured it was a good idea since I would need to take them off to wash them:)
They were just too darn plain, so I decided to hot glue this trim on them.
Much better, but I think I am going to have to add a big fat monogram to them.
Here's the goodies for the wreath. Notice the ribbon? I'll have to post the finished wreath later. I don't think I'm ever going to run out of projects that I want to do for my house!! I'm lovin' being crafty again!!
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
2) I was a cheerleader for 7 years- 6 in elementary, junior and high school and 1 year of college (with a cheerleading scholarship until I transferred schools).
3) I also played volleyball for 4 years and basketball for 1.
4) I attended 3 colleges, and graduated from 2 of them. The theme of not knowing what I wanted to do with my life is not a new thing:)
5) I also have a certificate in interior decorating, finished real estate school and took cooking classes at Fleur-de-Lys Culinary Institute.
6) I have a brother, a sister and another brother who passed away 1 year and 4 months ago. I miss him terribly. They were 14, 16 and 17 when I was born (same parents). It was like I grew up with 2 moms and 3 dads.
7) The good thing about that was they played school with me all of the time and when I went to kindergarten at 4 years old, I could already write in cursive and read anything that you put in front of me.
8) I didn't want children until I was in my 30's, and now I REALLY want them and I'm having a hard time getting and staying pregnant.
9) I LOVE Barbies. Always have. I played with them until I was 13, and still have a collection of those beautiful girls.
10) I have a new pink laptop and a new pink phone.
11) I have 7 nieces and nephews (the youngest one is in high school), 2 of them beat me to getting married, 3 of them beat me to having children. I have a step-niece who is getting married this month, 2 great nieces, 1 great nephew on his way and another great niece or nephew on his/her way.
12) One of those great nieces was just born last night. Congratulations Andy and Emmelita!! Apparently, Andrea looks just like her big sister Emmarie. Her daddy is serving in Afghanistan and was not able to see her being born.
13) I have had 13 addresses- One until I was 18 and the rest as an adult.
14) I LOVE my king-sized bed. I HIGHLY recommend Simmons Beautyrest. All of our mattresses in our house are Simmons Beautyrest, and we always get compliments on how comfy they are.
15) I used to sell Pampered Chef, and at one time I owned everything that was in their catalog. Most of it I won or payed very little for it. I love me some kitchen gadgets.
16) I also love dishes, china, glasses, serving pieces, etc.
17) I was a Retail Management major in college, but have never managed any kind of retail. It was basically a marketing degree without finance classes. Retail just happened to be a specialized major at our college in the school of Applied Professional Sciences.
18) I met my amazing husband at church camp when we were in the 6th grade.
19) We didn't date until we were in college.
20) We kept in touch through the years with letters, went on a couple of "little dates" and he was the first boy that I kissed.
21) Here I (Mike) go! She is a true friend, strong believier in being positive, never gives up until it is her way and she speaks from the heart.
22) Loves her dogs more than life!
23) She can find a deal on anything and will not quit until she finds a deal.
24) She hates the morning, but loves the night.
25) She can seriously cook up a storm. Her passion for life starts in the kitchen. For those of you who have had her cooking, you can back this up.
26) She has felt upside down before, but her heart, belief in the Lord, friendships, and desire to be successful has always put her back on top.
27) She keeps in touch with everyone. If you know Leigh Ann she will not forget you. She loves everyone she meets and treats everyone equally. What a great quality!
28) If your "boat is empty" Leigh Ann will do everything she can to build your esteem to help you keep your belief that your "boat will soon be full".
29) She is always up for everything, especially if it means traveling to experience something new.
30) Her spirit, hope and beliefs make my life FULL. I could not have succeeded without her friendship, love and guidance. Everyone needs to know, love and believe in Leigh Ann.
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
This is a bit easier to see
I LOVE my Vera Wang Grosgrain china pattern, and I can't wait to unbox it all and use it!!
By the way, that is scrapbook paper:)