Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Today was a better day!!

Thanks for all of the kind words that you wrote me after yesterday's post. Life goes on, and I appreciate your thoughts and prayers. Today was a better day. I was over at www.chic-critique.com today talking about Tweezerman...you can really tweeze some hair, man!! Go check it out and leave me a comment to let me know you were there!!



I also thought I'd share something that makes me happy~ our plants and flowers.
These pillows for our front porch were pretty plain...you know that plain pillows don't really work for me.
Adding a little ric-rac makes them so much more fun!!
Cool bottlebrush tree...it's not doing so well though.
These are some of the different colors of hostas that we planted under our back porch.
I love a hanging basket.
See what I mean
I bought another firecracker bush~ ours thrived last year and the hummingbirds loved it.
Our dwarf Japanese maple filled out overnight.
The dwarf gardenias have been beautiful.
I can't believe how fast our sweet potato vine is growing.
We will be planting these daylilies in front of the garage.
The wave petunias are growing like crazy.
How can you not love a Kimberly Queen fern?
I decided to get another diplandia because the one we had last year was absolutely beautiful and vined around the porch. Supposed they will last through the winter if you bring them in. I will try to put it in my basement this year {before it gets too cold}, and let you know how it makes it.

Plants + Flowers = Happiness for me


post signature

5 comments:

Mari said...

I'm glad you are having a better day. We'll keep praying though!
The flowers are beautiful!

Cheri said...

Wow- your flowers are gorgeous. I love that firecracker bush!
I'm so glad you're feeling better.

Jamie said...

Those are gorgeous!! Maybe you can come to my house, and teach me your secret, I kill EVERYTHING.

Dena said...

The house looks FANTASTIC!! I want you to come spruce up my new place when I get there PLEASE!!!

Anonymous said...

Your plants are wonderful. I love your garden flag. Would you mind telling me where you got it.

Thank you.


powelljulia@yahoo.com