Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy New Year!!!

I hope everyone had a safe, happy and fun New Year's Eve!! I can't believe it is 2009. My New Year's resolution is to blog more often. I only posted 4 times in December. That is totally unacceptable. You know it's bad when your Mom tells you that you need to post something new.
I pray that this year will bring lots of good things to all of my friends and family. I pray that we will see positive changes in our country and our world this year. I pray to have a heart of generosity. I pray for inner peace and contentment. I pray for growth in my already happy marriage. I pray for a child. What do you pray for?



We spent our New Year's Eve at the club where my husband works. It is so fun to dress up in our finest and enjoy our time with each other, celebrating the beginning of a new year together.
The club looked beautiful with the white and silver decor.Good band, excellent food, champagne toast, balloon drop...all make for a good night.
We walked around to each table to say hello and take pictures.
This is our builder and his wife.
He hooked us up with the brick for our home.
Our dentist and his date
Our bank manager and her husband
Our wine connoisseur and his wife
There is a family that has three generations of members. Granddad, Son and Grandson...they are a great family!!

Granddad and his girlfriend
Son and his wife
The grandson was not there, but here's a pic of him and his wife at a beach wedding that we attended with them a couple of years ago.
Mike took the arrangements off the table for me while I took pics. He looked so Vegas showgirl with all the feathers surrounding him.
The excitement of the evening was when the horns on our table caught on fire. The streamers on the horns got a little too close to the candles. Can you see the charred ends of the horns? Mike decided that he should make sure that the horns still worked, but I'm not sure why he had to shut his eyes and squint to see if they worked or not.
I think this cardboard cutout has seen better days. It fell over on us when we got behind it to take a pic.
I wish all of you a happy, prosperous and successful 2009!!

4 comments:

Cheri said...

Those are great pictures. What a beautifully decorated room.
Wishing you a wonderful 2009!

Mari said...

Happy New Year to you too! What a beautiful place to bring in the new year.

Anonymous said...

Great pics! Your hubby was acting goofy as usual. What a nut! Looks like a good time was had by all. Happy New Year!

Dena said...

that looks like FUN!